The Riddler

Another problem with Wheeleeze carts

81 posts in this topic

Sent an email, copy below. Will wait for their response. I have my receipt to return to REI and possibly get my money back or credit. Still out of cart and I am not into making my own. I may have to go back to the scupper pup brand. I will wait and see what Wheeleeze says:

To Whom It May Concern:

3 season ago I purchased your original cart all terrain wheels from my local shop in Massachusetts. I believe I paid 89-99 dollars. During that first year I noticed wear in the axle from the motion of the wheels. A small groove started. For the next two years that groove continued until it wore through to the point of jeopardizing the stability of the cart and possibly causing damage to my kayak. I called to see what Rollezze at the time would do. They said it was out of warranty. I understood as it was over a year later. You offered to sell parts, when I totaled everything up with new wheels and axle the cost equaled a new cart. I would have been better off buying a new cart and that's what I did , I purchased a new cart under the name Wheeleeze.

This past spring I purchased the Kayak/Canoe Cart with Tuff-Tire Wheels from REI. I have the same problem. I am showing considerable wear in the axle and again this is threatening the integrity of the cart. The wheels are squeaking going down pavement and the wear has gone beyond 1/2 the diameter of the axle wall. The self lubricating wheel is failing to lubricate the axle. This cart is rated at 176lbs capacity. In three years of owning Rolleeze and Wheeleeze carts, I have never exceeded 90lbs.

Enclosed are pictures of the problem and picture of my receipt.

I would like to know what Wheeleez is going to do about this problem?

Thank You

Huh, weird. I have a pair of Roleez baloon tires on my beach cart (that I will soon be transplanting into my yak cart) and the axle is still in great shape. Maybe the Tuff-tires are lousy?

I fish 5+ times a week. The cart sees all of that use. The pictures don't lie. This cart is not bullet proof to constant use.

This is the style cart that is in question:

I finally got to talk to Wheeleeze. The woman who I first talk to said that usually when we see these problems it comes from overloading. biggrin.gif

....the rating on the cart is 170lbs plus....I don't come near it.

I was patched to another person. He said that they will send me a new axle but you will be back to where you started again.....?????....He also suggested to buy some new wheels with foam core in the tire, these new tires ride on a ball bearing but he said you can't get the cart wet...????......

Long story short: I'm just going to get my money back from REI.

The Riddler

OUT

Riddler,

KFS has a great cart made out of square stock aluminum powder coated and tig welded, the original cart is made for scuppers and is adjustable to fit most yaks they just came out with a new design for those yaks that don't have scupper holes or the original didn't fit. They are light weight come completely apart for storage in your hatch, IMO they are one of the best if not the best on the market. You can buy the cart without wheels if you already have a set, or with them if you don't.

Thats not a roleez cart. A real roleez cart costs $200 and will last for many years as the axle is solid stainless steel

View PostThats not a roleez cart. A real roleez cart costs $200 and will last for many years as the axle is solid stainless steel

So I guess this cart is a fake? Well here is an email from the fake rolleeze/wheeleeze company:

Hello Jeffery,

Thank you for the pictures. I can see the extreme wear on the axle tips.

We can send you a new axle no problem.

As a precaution you may wish to consider the Tuff-Tire PU foam wheels with metal ball bearings. Should you decide to return your cart to REI. We can then sell you a Kayak Canoe Cart with Tuff-Tire / metal bearings (rather than the stock plastic bushings). This will eliminate the excessive wear.

Let me know if you would like to go that route and I can make you a special price of no charge for the higher priced metal ball bearing wheels.

Kind regards,

Otto Werlin

Wheeleez, Inc.

I can get a special price on wheels with bearings that will rust. Yeah, I'll buy that. lol 40.gif

If anyone has a Wheeleeze or Rolleeze cart that they use please show us a picture of the axle. Thanks.

The cart you show a picture of is a seatle sports product. We have been selling them for a decade. It is not the famous roleez cart with the low preasure urethane tires. The cart you show sells for $89. I have never seen anyone wear out the axle like that though. The axle is just aluminum tubing. You arent pulling it behind a bike are you?

I misread the original post and thought you were refering to rolleez. I never knew seatle sports was calling that cart a wheeleez. Seatle sports calls it a Mighty mite on the box. The scupper pup you like is made by the same company. Maybe they will just exchange the mighty mite for a scupper pup.

Barrel if I said Left you would say right. lol.....the vice president of Wheeleeze sent me that email.....does he not know his own product? lol

Here are more pictures of my defective Wheeleeze cart. Not Seattle Sports Cart...lol....Roleeze....is now Wheeleeze.

I think it's the tires that are the culprit. It appears that they tires do not have any sort of bearing in them, and rely on the axle as it's main rotation point. Mix in a bit of sand, and I can see how it's wear through quickly. The Wheelez baloon tires I've got have this sort of sealed bushing that allows the tires to rotate freely, but don't let sand in. The bushings take all of the rotational force and the axles do not. In fact, I could have square axles and it wouldn't matter. tongue.gif

Riddler, if anything you are absolutely a hardcore yakker, that cart must have been dragged through wars to get that amount of wear!! beers.gif

I hope you get it resolved. icon14.gif