Reel Schematic Index

Rate this topic

Wood

Need schematic for Shakespeare model 2062 spinning reel. Took it apart and need help puttiing it back together. Dumb!

Looks (on surface impression) to be pretty much identical to a Penn 704Z. The tutorial I posted on this reel can be found in the articles section of this site and there is a link to the schematic there.

Hope it will help, sometimes the general concept discussed helps with similar reels.

If that is not enough, sometimes if you post photos of your problem spot we can figure it out for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm looking for schematics for ABU Cardinal 40. I've searched plenty of sources without finding one. I don't know if it has another name or model-number, thats the only information I can find on the reel.

It looks like this:

s55uri@1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

/Triath

Looks (on surface impression) to be pretty much identical to a Penn 704Z. The tutorial I posted on this reel can be found in the articles section of this site and there is a link to the schematic there.

Hope it will help, sometimes the general concept discussed helps with similar reels.

If that is not enough, sometimes if you post photos of your problem spot we can figure it out for you.

Hello again johndtuttle,

Would you extend this piece of wisdom, Penn 704Z and it's tutorial, to someone attempting to do some maintenance on a Shakespeare Sea Wonder 2081?

I'm finding it very difficult to track down a reel schematic for this particular model, so I was hoping you could suggest any other Shakespeare model reels with similar parts and construction that I can use for reference to do the required maintenance .

It's been stored in the garage attic for too long and needs to been taken apart and rebuilt, it's caked with with very heavy grease that seems to be "gunking" down the operation of the reel. Everything feels solid and smooth, just "gunked" up "heavy" .

Looking forward to using it soon, thanks in advance !

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again johndtuttle,

Would you extend this piece of wisdom, Penn 704Z and it's tutorial, to someone attempting to do some maintenance on a Shakespeare Sea Wonder 2081?

I'm finding it very difficult to track down a reel schematic for this particular model, so I was hoping you could suggest any other Shakespeare model reels with similar parts and construction that I can use for reference to do the required maintenance .

It's been stored in the garage attic for too long and needs to been taken apart and rebuilt, it's caked with with very heavy grease that seems to be "gunking" down the operation of the reel. Everything feels solid and smooth, just "gunked" up "heavy" .

Looking forward to using it soon, thanks in advance !

Thanks again jondtuttle ! :hi5:

I found out the answer myself thanks to your tutorial for the Penn 704Z : http://www.stripersonline.com/surftalk/topic/529974-penn-704z-service-tutorial/?hl=%20704z%20%20service%20%20tutorial

After studying the above tutorial, I was able to do maintenance on what is actually a Shakespeare Sea Wonder 2091 pretty easily . I would thing that the 2091 is very similar to the 2081 and 2062 and the above tutorial will help anyone to disassemble those Shakespeare also .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...