Sarasota Bass Fishing?

Rate this topic

David12010860

Anyone know any good lakes around here. I fish the golf course lakes in my neighboorhood (but technically not allowed to) and there are some pretty nice bass out here! But does anyone know any lakes that arent full of pesticides? I always catch and release in the golf course's because of the pesticides and I mainly do like to catch and release but every now and again id like to keep a couple! mad.gif

One of the best lakes in sarasota is the apac lake. it is a maintained park, the entrance is on Honore ave on the outh side of the meadows. It is a 40 acre lake and is very deep. there are many submerged trees and the shorelines are dense cattails. I have always done best with the largemouths by boat, throwing white swimbaits along the cattails. There are huge schools of shad in that lake, so crankbaits, swimbaits andspoons work very well. Apac lake also has huge channel cats, and monster specks/ bluegill. All of the fish I have eaten out of there were very clean (cept the catfish)

You can shore fish it easily enough, and there is a ramp for boats/ Kayaks. Combustion motors are not allowed,and the kayak may be a bit scary beacuase the gators there are HUGE!