Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Clouserkid1

Whats the wierdest thing you have caught while fishing

85 posts in this topic

Lets see...a dust pan, Mitchell rod and reel (still use it), Bluefish head, star fish, couple of clams, a curtain rod...all I can thing of right now.

I caught a remora while fishing off a jetty for fluke with gulp. (Incase you didn't know, a remora is the fish that attaches to the underbelly of sharks). I kid you not when I say I couldn't tell the top of the fish, from the bottom of the fish.

One time I was fishing under a bridge and I was casting near a barge. (This is in Florida) I overcasted a bit (actually a lot) and I hooked a light that was on the barge. I was using braid so the line wouldn't break and I reeled it in. Turns out it was water proof and I still use itbiggrin.gif

my first experience going surf fishing (very young) I caught a "mating" pair of horseshoe crabs - they were "stuck together" - at least thats what Dad told me, lol

I was with a group of guys from work ,

One guy hooked up using cut bait.

He reels it in close to the rocks then yells "A SNAKE" and throws his rod down onto the rocks , as hes running away from it , Im running towards it . I grab the pole and walk it from the rocks down the dock to the boat ramp .

At the boat ramp we land a 3 1/2 - 4 ft eel .

I didnt get any pics or measure it but it took both hands to wrap all the way around it .

Biggest eel I ever saw and I don't want to see one bigger cwm31.gif.

Released. beers.gif

i dont have a picture but i do have the memories .i once caught a striper that was yellow in color not the stripes or eyes but every thing else was.it hit my popper hard and fought like a bandit.i caught it in the surf in lavallett.and other than its color it was healthy looking.

Around 45 yrs ago I was fishing with my Dad down at Shepshead bay before the docks or anything but a open lot & Bulkhead I caught a Huge Sea Turtle! A guy called someone from the Coney Island Aquarium & came down with a diver & put it in a tank & put it on display. It was about 60lbs! I also caught a Door Matt on a Party boat down there! You talk about a Ribbing! The Matt read Welcome! Never lived that down! biggrin.gif

I forgot about this... Once on a charter a client caught a big blue that seemed to have or had a broken spine. I dunno what it was but his body was really curved like an upside down V but not quite as drastic. There was even a big bump on his back.headscratch.gif

View PostI forgot about this... Once on a charter a client caught a big blue that seemed to have or had a broken spine. I dunno what it was but his body was really curved like an upside down V but not quite as drastic. There was even a big bump on his back.headscratch.gif

About two weeks ago I caught a schoolie bass that was like that. Looked like >--^-> Really strange.

Not in any particular order;

An eight foot railroad tie.

A vertabrae to a whale... it was the size of a garbage can lid, the estimated length of the whale was 36 to 50 feet. ( Really wish I had pictures, I left it on the Whaling Museums doorstep late at night.)

25 lb Skate ( disgusting )

A mailbox

A Wrist watch ( 12 years ago...I still wear it )

A Bar stool. ( I sat on it and it crumbled)

... and thats all I can remember right now.