• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 thetwos

thetwos

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 1:23 PM

I find myself a nice hole last night that I was going to fish this morning, get everything together, head to the beach only to find it over run with trucks and fishermen.

So I decide to take my gear back and head down with a camera.

Good luck to everyone who is out there.

#2 thetwos

thetwos

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 1:25 PM

some more

#3 sporto

sporto

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 3:11 PM

Nice pictures but did they catch any fish?

#4 ffemtreed

ffemtreed

Elite Member

• Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted October 04 2008 - 3:50 PM

Wow, that is my truck in the first picture! (white pickup).

As for the fish.. well.... lots of small blues and a couple small flounder mixed in.

#5 thetwos

thetwos

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 1:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffemtreed
View Post

Wow, that is my truck in the first picture! (white pickup).

As for the fish.. well.... lots of small blues and a couple small flounder mixed in.

I think I talked to you, I was down around 1-1:30ish and asked you what was going on. I've been fishing that hole right around there for atleast two/three nights a week since late april early may.

I've learned that fishing the surf in OC isn't as productive in the day as it is at night. ever since the last two storms everything has been heating up or most likely just getting to be that time of year.

#6 Nealze

Nealze

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 7:04 AM

So I've been fishing AI and have not caught much. I have been disappointed that I have not seen any bluefish there other than some 12". So I'd like to try a different area. Is this beach area OC or Delaware? Where is the best entrance to the beach? Any permits needed?

#7 Phil Allen

Phil Allen

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 8:37 AM

Great photos! You got me in four of them, and my truck in a few also. I'm the one in the jean shorts with no shirt, baiting up and casting in the other. My truck is the brown F-150 with the cap and the rod holder leaning up aginst the tire.

Ditto on the snapper blues. My biggest was a 14" caught in the morning session on Saturday, most were in the 8" to 10" range. We caught blues in this location until the tide got too far out. Than they shut down.

We gave our remaining bait to a young man in a Skins hat that showed up to fish as we were leaving. Hope he had some luck.
My daddy was a pistol, I'm a son of a gun!
(*member formerly known as 'PinMd)'

#8 Phil Allen

Phil Allen

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 9:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nealze
View Post

So I've been fishing AI and have not caught much. I have been disappointed that I have not seen any bluefish there other than some 12". So I'd like to try a different area. Is this beach area OC or Delaware? Where is the best entrance to the beach? Any permits needed?

This beach is in OC Maryland, and as far as I know, this tournamnt is the only time of the year that you can drive on the beach, all other times you must walk on. No, there are no permits required to fish.

#9 Phil Allen

Phil Allen

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 9:31 AM

And a special thanks to Bev at Harbor Tackle for having the only fresh bait in OC this weekend. Thanks Bev!

#10 Seahunter

Seahunter

• Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 4:29 PM

What's up with all the chairs? I thought it was a Tournament?

#11 thetwos

thetwos

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 4:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinMd
View Post

And a special thanks to Bev at Harbor Tackle for having the only fresh bait in OC this weekend. Thanks Bev!

I've got a bunch more and I got some video that you're in, I'll have to get your email and Ill send them.

I was quite disappointed when I went up to oyster bay on friday afternoon and they had nothing, so I used up some frozen blue fillets I had in the freezer to fish this fall

#12 Phil Allen

Phil Allen

1,000 Post Club!

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 6:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seahunter
View Post

What's up with all the chairs? I thought it was a Tournament?

My chair was there to shade my bait, until the action stopped. The bite quit with about an hour and a half to go, made for some hard fishing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thetwos
View Post

I've got a bunch more and I got some video that you're in, I'll have to get your email and Ill send them.

I was quite disappointed when I went up to oyster bay on friday afternoon and they had nothing, so I used up some frozen blue fillets I had in the freezer to fish this fall

If you'd like to send them that would be great!! I'll get them to the rest of our team. My e-mail is philip.allen@erieinsurance.com.

I saw a guy right behind here I was fishing, had a cart with a rod sticking out of it, that you?

Thanks, Phil

#13 DrewStuch

DrewStuch

Elite Member

• BST Users
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 7:16 PM

thanks for the pics, looks like a great time out there. But I cant believe there isnt anyone fishing in this spot

#14 thetwos

thetwos

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 7:20 PM

no, I was just walking around in a black T and swimming trunks just a camera and shoes in my hands.

I was gonna fish right in front of castle in the sand, the night before I caught a 20 incher there and missed on a bigger hit, so I was gonna see what their deal was.

got everything together, walked across coastal and saw everyone down there so I decided to let you guys have all the fun, took everything home and got the camera. I wish I would of had more time to talk more people but work was calling my name.

#15 thetwos

thetwos

• Users
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted October 05 2008 - 7:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrewStuch
View Post

thanks for the pics, looks like a great time out there. But I cant believe there isnt anyone fishing in this spot

Swimmers and Surfers out there.

it was crazy the amount of people (non fisherman) on the beach that day.

Back to DelMarVa Fishing Forum · Next Unread Topic →