Good Fishing Spots on Raritan Bay

Rate this topic

noctirne

Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I love fishing and have only been fishing in Keansburg on the pier. Years ago I vaguely remember fishing in a discrete spot off of Route 35, but I can't remember where it was. All I know is that there were a bunch of small trees and it was muddy. I remember catching a few small eels and a big 19" eel, 26" striper and a few small fluke. I would love to know some good fishing spots on the Raritan Bay. Can anyone help me out?

-Bruno

View PostHey guys,

I'm new to this forum. I love fishing and have only been fishing in Keansburg on the pier. Years ago I vaguely remember fishing in a discrete spot off of Route 35, but I can't remember where it was. All I know is that there were a bunch of small trees and it was muddy. I remember catching a few small eels and a big 19" eel, 26" striper and a few small fluke. I would love to know some good fishing spots on the Raritan Bay. Can anyone help me out?

-Bruno

Bruno,

I know your new so here is a tip. The folks on this board do not give out specific spots. The bay has a ton of spots to fish you have to go find em, or go to Sandy hook and take a walk on the bay side. A lot of water all around that spot. Good luck.

sorry, bud. people here will give you all the information you could ever want on the "how" part of fishing. they don't do the "where" part, however.

if you don't already have it, google earth is a valuable resource.

just because you can doesn't mean you should

It would be impossible to answer this question even if we wanted to tell the 10,000 people that will read this thread where the (no longer) discreet spot is.

Muddy and a few small trees can be dozens of spots on the bayshore

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

There are plenty of public access points to the bay. There is beach and inlet access in Laurnce Harbor, Cliffwood, Keyport, Union Beach, Keansburg, ........ all the wy to the hook. My recommendation to you is to look at google earth or google maps find some of these areas and spend a day looking a trying. You'll know when a spot is good by what you see and not what you are told.

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government. Thomas Jefferson

Just go to north beach at Sandy Hook and walk the bay side...........easy if your in some kind of shape..........thats about as specific as it gets.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

I applaud the way that question was handled.....to the point, and respectful (as sometimes doesn't always happen).....I saw the initial post early this morning, and thought "Uh-oh".....wink.gif

smile.gif Good job, gentlemen.....clapping.gif

"You know the Bill of Rights is serving its purpose when it protects things you wish it didn't."

"You can no longer be oppressed if you are not afraid anymore - Unknown"

SOL Member #174

Hey...........use guys fish in pajamas. What overnights...?

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

Keansburg Pier is not a spotburn, No more than saying I fished on the Miss Belmar party boat.

It's a place you pay to fish, made to handle lots of guys and it even advertises.

Can't spotburn that.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Here is how I found spots to fish. For example, beginning on cliffwood all the way down hook or beyond, drive around route 36 or off 36 along the oceans. I usually did it early morning. Sometimes you see fellow fishermen fishing, jot it down or make a note or save it to your GPS, try to fish and do it all over again. Most likely, you will find a spot where nobody is fishing, just you and the fish. Hit the spots also at night. Also keep an eye for birds activities, they are your guide. If you are lucky they are not far off and within casting distance. Also, look for baits jumping. For instance, peanut bunkers jumping and mullets dancing means there are something below them. At this time, most likely they are being chase by Blue fish. Oh, one more thing, get yourself a binocular. One time, I didn't see any birds activities or baits jumping, but saw couple's activities on the beach.biggrin.gif. Ok last one is when you find the spots fish them the incoming or outgoing. I caught most of my fish during the last two hour of the incoming and outgoing. Also, I caught some fish at really low low tide but seldom. Last thing I promise, if you want to save gas, just go high tech and use the satellite map such as google earth.

As far as Keansburg pier, my philosophy is why pay when you don't have to. Just go to the beach for instance. The same thing with buying baits. I never bought my baits. Just go to every pier and start casting that net. If you catch a lot, put them in zip bag with salt and freeze them for next time and just in case there are no baits around.biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.