Pure Fishing Reel Service Department - stories

Rate this topic

TimS

Nothing has broken in years, but I wrecked a7000c3 sideplate by prying the plastic gear off with a screwdriver(like an idiot). They sent me a new one for no charge. Bring back the maroon 7000c3's and I'll buy another one. biggrin.gif

.........Elvis lives....2020

A few years ago I had a problem with my only 7500 Nautil.. I explained to Bob that I was on my way to Montauk in a few days and it was my only reel and I was very much relying on it. I explained the problem I was having and he we agreed that I would send it back. I had a new Nautil before I ever sent the old one back. Of course I made sure I followed through on my end but the company flat out cared about me and my planned weekend.. icon14.gif

Bob Hulme and "The company"(pure fishing) ROCK

ErikT

I debated buying a Nautil 6500 but then decided I would proceed based on the good things I heard about Bob Hulme and Pure Fishing.

Well I recieved my black Nautil 6500 Pro GV and toasted it on a ten pound weak about two months into the season, sent it back asking for a yellow 6500 instead, about a week later recieved my yellow 6500 in the mail no problem. The reality of their customer matched what I heard, very nice icon14.gif and I was happy.

If all the fish you dreamed of came into your creel by wishing, why think of all the joy you would miss then, there'd be no more fun in fishing.

Excellent company! I sent in a Black Nautil 6500 that was grinding gears. I sent it in and a new one was sent. Second time I had a problem with a Nautil 7500 bail breaking. I sent an email to Bob. With-in 10 minutes I had a reply and this time he sent the replacement reel BEFORE I sent the broken reel back. The replacement Black nautil is now binding up on reeling in but I've taken advantage of their excellent customer service twice and I felt I'd eat this one. Bob and Purefishing ROCKS!!!

"You can't fish anymore if you're Dead" Arby SOL # 304

Berkeley Striper Club
Seaside Park, NJ

Sent back a yellow Nautil 6500 that was having problems. Got a new one within a week. This was a while back.

Would be nice if Pure Fishing brought back the 7000/7500 Series (particularly the 7500 CT Big Game and the 7500 C3CT) without the levelwinds.

• 4 weeks later...

Just sent in an older (but hardly used) 6.3:1 Abu that was grinding its brass gears into brass powder. Attention Bob Hulme. A long list of parts were replaced at no charge and the reel was converted to 5.3:1 per my hopeful request. Wow! Went from having a reel that I couldn't use to one that is perfect for inshore. Thanks.

Your boy is going to be a big flop in Washington, and I can't wait till it happens.-Rocky Rhodes
Mccain is weak, lame and a poor choice for President-JimP

My turn now - First cast on my vacation in July and my yellow 7500 decided to stop oscillating on the retrieve. I sent an e-mail to Bob Hulme explaining the reel was waaaaay out of warranty and did they still have parts around to fix it at my cost, he asked that I send back the reel to his attention. He told me to keep the spools with my Whiplash on them smile.gif and inside of a week I had a brand new 7500 on my doorstep. Top notch customer service!

Is it too much to ask to just breathe, be able to walk and go fishing?

They replaced my rod free of charge when my Fenwick snapped in two during a cast. smile.gif

Amen. same EXACT thing here. As a matter of fact I just wrote them an e-mail about replacing my rod tip. It's pretty much hammered and I don't want a generic tip from the local B&T. I want PF to replace the tip for me. HELP ME PF!!! This is the G90-H2.

You guys are the BEST!!!