The best long casting Spinning reel

Rate this topic

Clumsy

I would like to thak to all of you who gave me the advice on the conventional = BY

I do not want to tease you, but I also would like to have long distance casting (bird nest forgiving) spinner. If i can get only one reel and rod then I do not want to risk birds. I am still learning (yesterday's pendulum try yielded 3 reels locked) and I not the most patient one.

So help ...thank you Miro

Don't forget the Tica GX Scepter or some of the Okumas.

But, if you don't have other requirements (like blazing hot retrieve speed, snob appeal, or "this is the last reel I will ever buy") get the Daiwa Emcast Plus. It has a very long casting spool design and it is "THE MOST WIND KNOT RESISTANT REEL AVAILABLE"!! Why? Because it's got a cross wrapping spool. It's got an outstanding bail design that guides the line into the roller very well. And it's got a low profile drag knob with rounded ends so the line can't catch on it when the bail flips closed. I have had relative newbies plug with this reel all day long using 30 - 50# braid in all conditions without a single problem. While I like the Daiwa Emblem, the Tica Scepter, the Satiga, and others for various reasons....the Emcast Plus stands above for "fishing itself" and being resistant to operator error. - HPD

PS - As with all large spinning reels with large handles, remove the auto bail closure mechanism and close the bail by hand. If you don't, the bail will occasionally close in mid cast causing the line to snap. This is because the reel handle will revolve during the cast and it's inertia will sometimes trip the bail.

View Post

PS - As with all large spinning reels with large handles, remove the auto bail closure mechanism and close the bail by hand. If you don't, the bail will occasionally close in mid cast causing the line to snap. This is because the reel handle will revolve during the cast and it's inertia will sometimes trip the bail.

Not ALL.

Broaden your search, look into the JDM market where ALL LONGCAST spinning reels are technologically advance, all have manual bails. once the bail is opened, the rotor will never turn.

What is being sold here in the US are the jurassic reels.

I have a Daiwa 5500 Emblem - casts OK....I mean the real, not the operator.

I think it is decent. I have compared it with my other reels such as Penn 9500. AND ..... Pen is like a tractor = easy to work on and also the wide spool retreaves the line quickly. Daiwa is smoother, but a bit sensitive on maintenance and it is a ***** to re-assemble, if you do noy how. Othetvise iI like it the most.

Saltiga is more $$$ - is it worth it?

Thanks again Miro

View PostDon't forget the Tica GX Scepter or some of the Okumas.

But, if you don't have other requirements (like blazing hot retrieve speed, snob appeal, or "this is the last reel I will ever buy") get the Daiwa Emcast Plus. It has a very long casting spool design and it is "THE MOST WIND KNOT RESISTANT REEL AVAILABLE"!! Why? Because it's got a cross wrapping spool. It's got an outstanding bail design that guides the line into the roller very well. And it's got a low profile drag knob with rounded ends so the line can't catch on it when the bail flips closed. I have had relative newbies plug with this reel all day long using 30 - 50# braid in all conditions without a single problem. While I like the Daiwa Emblem, the Tica Scepter, the Satiga, and others for various reasons....the Emcast Plus stands above for "fishing itself" and being resistant to operator error. - HPD

HPD i took your advice when i read how you like the SCEPTER. i bought a pair for a pair of rods for my friends.

they just started surf fishing so they dont know what gear is good or not yet. but when i tried it.

i found that reel SUPERB!!

the drag is OUTSTANDING. 35mm spool. very good line lay.

my friend wrestled his first striper on one. and it is flawless.

for its price, id definitely buy one for myself.

i use 2/3 rule for trading. join date, posts, or vouch. whoever has less goes first.

(*member formerly known as 'ooeric')

View PostNot ALL.

Broaden your search, look into the JDM market where ALL LONGCAST spinning reels are technologically advance, all have manual bails. once the bail is opened, the rotor will never turn.

Oh, you mean they removed the auto bail closure mechanism!!tongue.gif

Don't waste your money on the Saltiga surf (around 200 parts, and a lot of them plastic).

Get the Emblem pro and send me the other $250. You will have a more reliable reel and will have spent the same money, and I will have the money to get another Emblem Pro and a few plugs!biggrin.gif

Proud to be a NERB and I have the shirts to prove it!!

View PostNot ALL.

Even though you use and have sold some of those fancy non-US marketed Japanese reels I highly doubt the original poster is in the market for a reel in that price range. Removing the bail trip mechanism is just as effective as paying several hundreds of dollars extra. Good thing the Jurassic fish we catch don't know we fish with Jurassic reels. - HPD