Fisherman Depot.........College Point

Rate this topic

Sudsratt

Hi LI/NY folks.HappyWave.gif

Don't hit your forum often except for a looksee now and again,but was wondering if anyone had any experience with a shop called Fisherman Depot in College Point,NY?

Any info....good, bad or ugly would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

don't wanna post it?you can send a pm

Steve
GET OUT THERE,
and FISH!

It's a really large shop in the middle of nowhere. The owner (Victor) prides himself in trying to stock everything possible.

If you want to "feel" something, like a reel or a rod, chances are, they have it in stock.

Due to the distance from my house, I haven't been frequenting it as much as I would have liked, but it is a very clean, large shop. It almost feels empty because it's so large, but they have what you want.

been there a few times, i work in queens so sometimes i'm in the area and stop in. the shop is really big and has a good variety from inshore, surf and offshore, has a ton of terminal tackle. beads, spinners, feathers, etc. i thought the prices a $1-$2 more than the regular spot but has everything., lots of rods and reels too... worth at least chcking out in my book..

the adress is 18-29 127th St. College Point, NY 11356. 718-886-2008. if your on the White Stone take exit 15 to 20th ave and go west past McDonalds the theres a light right by the gas station and it like two blocks up make a right theres a Corvet on that corner building. then you cant miss the shop it on there right hand side With this big hooked fish you pass the shop and you will see the parking area and the end of the building

View PostHi LI/NY folks.HappyWave.gif

Don't hit your forum often except for a looksee now and again,but was wondering if anyone had any experience with a shop called Fisherman Depot in College Point,NY?

Any info....good, bad or ugly would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

don't wanna post it?you can send a pm

Sudsratt,

We have a 4000sq feet store, including a fishing museum. Not too long ago, our first educational seminar that evented by peter park was very successful. following as the picture of our museum, it is not prefectly done, but still in the process of improving day by day.

our current address as following,

18-29 127St.

College point, NY 11356

thank you

best regards

Jonathan

View PostIt's a really large shop in the middle of nowhere. The owner (Victor) prides himself in trying to stock everything possible.

Dear Sumo,

i hope you are not presenting and expressing the wrong idea of that "pride". fisherman depot always want to provide an enviroment that a customer can easily find everything that they need right away for fishing instead of walk out the store with a empty mind and a waiting for order to be arrive mood.

offering the best, correct, and largest selection off fishing tackle to all customers, has always been our goal and pleasure.

View PostDear shoreman,

All our products that on the shelf are following the minimum suggested retail price, if there is anything that you found are more expensive than the MSRP, please let us know. We will glady correct it. thank you

all the best

Jonathan

I work EMS mostly in Queens south, but do 1 day in corona over at 104 & Roosevelt. I'll have to pop in after work (get off at 8am) What time do you open?

Saving the world, one skell at a time.
LIBBA #1384

View PostI work EMS mostly in Queens south, but do 1 day in corona over at 104 & Roosevelt. I'll have to pop in after work (get off at 8am) What time do you open?

As current schedule, we open at 10am-7pm 7 days a week.. there should be another new schedule for april once the decision is made. thank you

regards

Jonathan

View Post

Dear Sumo,

i hope you are not presenting and expressing the wrong idea of that "pride". fisherman depot always want to provide an enviroment that a customer can easily find everything that they need right away for fishing instead of walk out the store with a empty mind and a waiting for order to be arrive mood.

offering the best, correct, and largest selection off fishing tackle to all customers, has always been our goal and pleasure.

Jonathan,

If you are questioning my sentiments about Fisherman Depot and Victor, you have nothing to worry about. By pride, I meant it in the most positive of meanings. Victor tries very hard to keep the store fully stocked with everything that we would ever need.

I reiterated this in the second and third paragraphs of my post. I have seen you on several occassions and met you face to face at the Asbury Show. It is unfortunate that we do not know each other well enough yet, and hopefully, we will cross paths again very soon. Until then, please do not take parts of what I say and come to a conclusion which completely goes against my original sentiments.

Having said that, one more bump for a great shop.

-SUMO