Kooks on the Navesink & Shrewsbury wan to ban duck hunting.

Rate this topic

SallyGrowler

Im glad someone posted this on the fishing site. I duck hunt the twin rivers a lot and know that all the noise complaints, safety complaints and other anti-hunting complaints have nothing to do with noise or safety and everything to do with not liking hunting and hunters. If they close down hunting, fishing,crabbing, clamming won't be far behind.

I will guarantee you that, once they start they don't stop!

• 2 weeks later...
Way to revive a three year old thread...

Happily the sound of shotgun fire can still bear heard in these rivers today. :th:

Sally G, Have you heard anymore fromt he anti hunting tree huggers since 2008.

bass o matic You are correct the rumble of duck hunting still occurs, but with this years weather and the end of duck season in a day or so, I believe we have weathered the storm of the kittle old ladies in sneakers for another year.

If in the future, anyone hears about a rebirth of the "NO DUCK HUNTING CROWD" I'd appreciate a heads up.

I'm a former Pres. of the NJ Waterfowlers and their current Editior and an active Trustee. In 2008 and 2009 the Waterfowler's sat with the mayors of a couple of the towns mentioned above and sorted out the complaints and the milimal impact waterfowlers have on the decible level between Sea Bright, Rumson, Shrewsbury and Fairhaven.

It's pretty much faded away. I moved back down the shore in 2011 and reside in Atlantic Highlands. Feel free to PM me if your town is starting to look at restricting waterfowl gunning.

Thank you.