Pencil Popper Swap

Rate this topic

sportyguy33

A beautiful set. I laid mine out on the kitchen table all weekend just to spend some time admiring them. Now they're out in the garage freezing their asses off - it was zero degrees this morning. I was also boiling syrup this weekend though, so spring will be here soon.

There was one issue though - sort of a size matters issue. OK - I made mine to match a 2 oz Gibbs. Nice lure that - I've caught a lot of big fish on poppers I've made of that model. But when I laid those ten lures out on the table - ummmm mine looked a bit small. Downright dinky I'd say. There was some big wood in that box, but it wasn't mine. It's OK though, I'm secure with my small popper. It works for me. Big wood for big fish, but sometimes something a little smaller is the best. I'm OK, no really, I'm fine.....

Beautiful plugs guys. Top notch craftsmanship. Can't wait to cast them out there.

Bleh.

View PostA beautiful set. I laid mine out on the kitchen table all weekend just to spend some time admiring them. Now they're out in the garage freezing their asses off - it was zero degrees this morning. I was also boiling syrup this weekend though, so spring will be here soon.

There was one issue though - sort of a size matters issue. OK - I made mine to match a 2 oz Gibbs. Nice lure that - I've caught a lot of big fish on poppers I've made of that model. But when I laid those ten lures out on the table - ummmm mine looked a bit small. Downright dinky I'd say. There was some big wood in that box, but it wasn't mine. It's OK though, I'm secure with my small popper. It works for me. Big wood for big fish, but sometimes something a little smaller is the best. I'm OK, no really, I'm fine.....

Beautiful plugs guys. Top notch craftsmanship. Can't wait to cast them out there.

Salt

I've been admiring your little Wood just as much as the others.

ps. I haven't forgot I still owe you a spook for the Extra one I kept. biggrin.gif