Surf Fishing at Turkey Point

Rate this topic

joshheat25

I was going to head up to Turkey Point or Elk Neck State Park. Has anyone been up there lately. Whats Running? And do you now need a liscense to fish there? I know in DE they are going to require a liscense to fish salt water in a couple of months. I could also go to White Crystal beach? I am looking for a spot in MD to fish from Shore in that Area. Any help would be appreciated. thanx

You will need a Bay liscense @ Turkey Point.In the spring the striper bite can be really good @ the point but right now its probably gonna be catfish and perch for the most part.There's a bait and tackle shop called Herb's on Rt.272 in Northeast they can hook you up with a liscence and all the info you will need concerning the area.Good luck, tough time of year fishing now but still a very scenic area.

There is an area called Stemmers Run thats almost directly across from the boat ramp @ Turkey Point that you can fish the shore from.You do need a permit (which is free) to legaly be there.The permit is issued from the Army Corps of Engineers/MDNR.E-mail me for the address if you want.Another bait and tackle in that area (Rt.213) is Sarges they can also help you with info.

View Post,,, I was just going to try and fish somewhere in MD. I don't want to pay for the license. I hear Rock Hall is a good place to fish.

You'll have to pay for one if you want to fish. Fishing anywhere on the Chesapeake or its tributaries, or in any non-tidal / freshwater areas is going to require a license in Maryland. The only place in Maryland you may currently fish without a license is in the ocean waters and coastal bays.

View PostWell then I might just buy a license. But is it worth it where can I fish from shore. I live in Middletown, DE Where is the closest place I can go that I can catch some nice, Stripers, blues, weakies, ...

Decent shore fishing opportunities on the Chesapeake are few and far between. Head east and south if that list is what you'd like to pursue; Broadkill or CHSP for starters.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/fisheries...al/freefi.html

There are some free areas to fish on the Chesapeake in MD, most are not going to be that productive. If you are trying to stay in the upper bay region this time of year, don't hold your breath waiting for a Striper, we never get Weakies or Blues this far up (Harford/Cecil counties). We do see some of the biggest stripers on the planet in the Spring. Right now, as said already in this thread, Perch and Catfish are the main fare.