• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oneofour

Oneofour
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted January 01 2007 - 3:36 AM

I was looking through some old fishing stuff my dad found after he cleaned out our garage and I found my grandfather's old reel. It says its a South Bend "Model G" and it says No.1000...I will have more pictures up when I find my camera , I haven't done any research and I will not, but I was wondering if any of you have heard of this reel?

• -
Quote:Originally Posted by Eric_Sfirst hit turned out to be a 13lb bass on a big plug. Very happy to see stripes again so I humped it then sent it on its way.

#2 Oneofour

Oneofour
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted January 01 2007 - 12:36 PM

anyone?

• -
Quote:Originally Posted by Eric_Sfirst hit turned out to be a 13lb bass on a big plug. Very happy to see stripes again so I humped it then sent it on its way.

#3 jessman 72

jessman 72

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 06 2011 - 10:34 AM

i just received that same reel in an old tackle box that i won at an auction.i did some research and found out that this reel can go for 40.00.i believe the exact year this reel was built is 1947,but im still doing research to confirm this.i cant you tell if this reel was hand built or mass produced,but i can tell you if it was hand built then it would definately be more valueable.im taking mine to an antique dealer for an appraisal this week so when i find out more i will definately let you know.

• -