Heated wader socks !

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 striperstalker

striperstalker

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted November 28 2006 - 11:21 AM

I saw some low voltage electric heated wader socks that work with two D batteries, seems pretty cool to me ! Just wondering, anyone ever try these and what were your experiences with them ? Don't think i'll need them before the end of the season with the crazy weather we've been having anyway !!

• -
Heights of great fishermen reach and kept were not attained by a blitz that night but they while the googans slept were upward fishing thru the night !

#2 Skate Bait

Skate Bait
  • Way too many!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,476 posts

Posted November 28 2006 - 1:45 PM

If you get a leak in the waders (or if YOU leak in the waders) couldn't you get electrocuted?

• -
Politics is like driving - it's "R" to go backwards, and "D" to go forward.

#3 D.J. Aanensen

D.J. Aanensen
  • 1,000 Post Club!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted November 28 2006 - 2:13 PM

Voltage is too low to worry about getting electrocuted. I just saw one pair that has a wire that leads up out of the waders so you can turn it on and off w/o removing your waders. Xmas from the wife I hope.
The others worked well for my brother in law but the batteries don't last too long.

D.J.

• -

#4 striperstalker

striperstalker

• PipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted November 28 2006 - 3:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D.J. Aanensen

I just saw one pair that has a wire that leads up out of the waders so you can turn it on and off w/o removing your waders. Xmas from the wife I hope.

D.J.

That's the exact one i saw and i already put in the order with my wife and she's ordering them

• -
Heights of great fishermen reach and kept were not attained by a blitz that night but they while the googans slept were upward fishing thru the night !