Daiwa Sealine Slosh 30 getting me a little nuts

Rate this topic

paul_c

Quote:

go_quote.gifEvery slosh I bought I sold within the first week I owned it. Then I bought a Daiwa Grand Wave thinking it was better and was ver dissapointed I returned that reel 24 hours after I bought it.....

Some swear by the sloshes and some hate em..

I am one of the guys who think these reels suck...

Their feel, performance and general sturdiness dont cut it for me,

and I bought and sold 3 of them trying to like them....

If your an abu man the sloshes are not going to give you what your looking for.

View Postyou acyually are the first person thats said they dont like them, that i've seen, its like a religon on the obx, sealines and saltist are really the only reels used this way (for heaver fishing), every once in a while you'll see some nice abu's (actually more so now than 3 yrs ago).

Coby I tried my best to warm up to those reels it just didnt happen, they just felt rinky dink in my hands... now the Penn 525 .. thats a great reel and I love the Penn 535 Mag! Love that reel!

But the sloshes and I never clicked...

I am using the new reissue ABU7500iC3CT now and its a far casting "no problems" hard cranking pretty reel. They are like parts of my hand now.. I dont even think about it when I use em... I guess my hands have memorized the sweet feel of the ABU's .. the sloshes sit too high on the rod and feel dorky to me. But then again a simpler explaination could be that I'm a racid old fart.smile.gif

The Horizon Calls..........

AJ,

How can you evaluate the general sturdiness of a reel after one weeks ownership?????? I realize that the feel and performance is a personal matter that you base your opinion on.

I am not a Diawa man but IMHO would have to say they are good reels, as are Abu's, but neither are my favorites. The entire surf conventional market doesn't have a reel that "sucks", but some of the users might suck at leveling line or casting them. In some cases it comes down to eye candy (Abu), and or ease of use, and not which reel will retrieve a fish better.

Stevetongue.gif

View Post
go_quote.gif

Every slosh I bought I sold within the first week I owned it. Then I bought a Daiwa Grand Wave thinking it was better and was ver dissapointed I returned that reel 24 hours after I bought it.....

Some swear by the sloshes and some hate em..

I am one of the guys who think these reels suck...

Their feel, performance and general sturdiness dont cut it for me,

and I bought and sold 3 of them trying to like them....

If your an abu man the sloshes are not going to give you what your looking for.

Coby I tried my best to warm up to those reels it just didnt happen, they just felt rinky dink in my hands... now the Penn 525 .. thats a great reel and I love the Penn 535 Mag! Love that reel!

But the sloshes and I never clicked...

I am using the new reissue ABU7500iC3CT now and its a far casting "no problems" hard cranking pretty reel. They are like parts of my hand now.. I dont even think about it when I use em... I guess my hands have memorized the sweet feel of the ABU's .. the sloshes sit too high on the rod and feel dorky to me. But then again a simpler explaination could be that I'm a racid old fart.smile.gif

thats where everyone differs, i felt the same way about Abu's when i first saw/fished one, however i did warm up to them. on the other hand, i cant stand the 525 or 535, the only magged reel i have liked so far is the Penn Torque 100 and the Penn 980/990. but i would like to get my hands on the 7500, hearing what Poppy has said about it just makes me fall in love.

LTSL

View PostAJ,

How can you evaluate the general sturdiness of a reel after one weeks ownership?????? I realize that the feel and performance is a personal matter that you base your opinion on.

I am not a Diawa man but IMHO would have to say they are good reels, as are Abu's, but neither are my favorites. The entire surf conventional market doesn't have a reel that "sucks", but some of the users might suck at leveling line or casting them. In some cases it comes down to eye candy (Abu), and or ease of use, and not which reel will retrieve a fish better.

Stevetongue.gif

Steve, I own many Daiwas, my favorite "Montauk surf Rod" of all time is the 12 ft Regal strike. I also own a Daiwa reagal reel and an emblem pro.. no problem there... from the moment I picked up a slosh and started casting it I just hated everything abou the reel. It felt "Rink Dink" ( meaning that it didnt feel sturdy, it was like a toy) I have already admitted that I am an old fart set in my ways and maybe that has a lot to do with it, but when I pick up a ABU or a Penn I feel more at home.. maybe its a personal hand feel preference... Daiwa is a great company and their high end stuff is great but the slosh well it never felt like a precision instrument and more like a middle of the road ultility reel. The Grand Wave I really hated from the second I cast it. It bent under pressure, cheao cosmetics, a peice of junk.

I guess to each his own, The penns and ABU's do it for me, I also liket the Daiwa Millionaire but the casting distance sucked so I sold that too...

I guess I will try the Salist next and see if there is a Daiwa conventional I can warm up to...

Steve I am just sharing my owm views, I owm lots of Daiwa stuff just could not get to like those sloshes.... seemed rinky dink to me...

The Horizon Calls..........