Daiwa Sealine Slosh 30 getting me a little nuts

Rate this topic

paul_c

Hi Guys, I added the above reel to my collection of Abu's, and man is that spool fast. The adjustment knob is kind of touchy--one millimeter tightened, and the spool is a bit too tight---one mm looser, and the spool really spins. This reel requires a lot more thumb than my Abu's, and I expected this. Anyone else had this experience?

I use one red and one white brake in mine. I dont have to touch the spool on the cast at all.

John, I think it comes with the magnets already in there, right? I thought you can modify by taking out some magnets, but maybe I'm wrong; didn't see anything else in the box.

The Daiwa Sealine SLOSH 30 has no factory mag's...just centrifugal brakes... The brakes are not installed from the factory so out of the box the reel is very fast...

Start w/ both red brakes installed...later you can experiment w/ lesser braking via the white brakes...or no brakes at all...

Agree the tension control knob on all models of the Daiwa Sealine reels is very touchy...just an infinitesimal micro turn can be too much...

Poppy

The Daiwa Sealine SLOSH 30 has no factory mag's...just centrifugal brakes... The brakes are not installed from the factory so out of the box the reel is very fast...

Start w/ both red brakes installed...later you can experiment w/ lesser braking via the white brakes...or no brakes at all...

Agree the tension control knob on all models of the Daiwa Sealine reels is very touchy...just an infinitesimal micro turn can be too much...

Poppy

Okay, Poppy, now I'm getting someone. Was my reel supposed to come with the brakes? Like I said, the box was empty except for the reel, lube, and mounting bracket.

there should have been a small zip lock bag with the brakes in it. You need to install them yourself. If you dont have any brakes drop me a PM with your addy and I can send you some. I have loads of them. to install you open the reel up, on the left side, the spool has to prongs you slide a brake on each one, close it up and your done.

There are no mags in these reels.

there should have been a small zip lock bag with the brakes in it. You need to install them yourself. If you dont have any brakes drop me a PM with your addy and I can send you some. I have loads of them. to install you open the reel up, on the left side, the spool has to prongs you slide a brake on each one, close it up and your done.

There are no mags in these reels.

Thanks John, PM coming

• 3 years later...
View PostThe Daiwa Sealine SLOSH 30 has no factory mag's...just centrifugal brakes... The brakes are not installed from the factory so out of the box the reel is very fast...

Poppy

i thougth they did, but they just took the place of the clicker...

LTSL

Every slosh I bought I sold within the first week I owned it. Then I bought a Daiwa Grand Wave thinking it was better and was ver dissapointed I returned that reel 24 hours after I bought it.....

Some swear by the sloshes and some hate em..

I am one of the guys who think these reels suck...

Their feel, performance and general sturdiness dont cut it for me,

and I bought and sold 3 of them trying to like them....

If your an abu man the sloshes are not going to give you what your looking for.

The Horizon Calls..........

I was an Abu man for many years. Went to a Penn 525Mag(used and in bad repair), then a SL20SHV and then to a Saltist 20. I grab the Saltist 95 percent of the time, but the Sealine is a very good reel. I can't imagine selling it.wink.gif

.........Elvis lives....2020

View PostEvery slosh I bought I sold within the first week I owned it. Then I bought a Daiwa Grand Wave thinking it was better and was ver dissapointed I returned that reel 24 hours after I bought it.....

Some swear by the sloshes and some hate em..

I am one of the guys who think these reels suck...

Their feel, performance and general sturdiness dont cut it for me,

and I bought and sold 3 of them trying to like them....

If your an abu man the sloshes are not going to give you what your looking for.

you acyually are the first person thats said they dont like them, that i've seen, its like a religon on the obx, sealines and saltist are really the only reels used this way (for heaver fishing), every once in a while you'll see some nice abu's (actually more so now than 3 yrs ago).

LTSL