Stripers: Sound (North Shore) vs Ocean (South Shore ) LI, NY

Rate this topic

phish123

I like searching the deep water ponds for huge stripers (Eff the N/S and S/S)... its a little known fact that the striped bass was first domesticated by the East Hamptonans circa 1870 and they filled the small lakes with MONSTER striped bass.. I like to fish live perch on a bambo rod (no float) in these lakes and hold on..

BC

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

It depends thiers big bass in western sound in spring have cows bass also south shore has too. THis my answer Spring Western sound, Summer Montauk,Fall Montauk and South shore.But easily catch fish in big and abundance has be western sound in spring or Montauk anytime. Anyway just fish cause this is surf fsihing captial of the world anywhere on the island is good and stripers can be found anywhere.ANd you can find Big bass anywhere on the island.smile.gif

seems like the over the spring the spots I fished on the North Shore had more quantity than quality... and the spots on the South Shore had the opposite.

We'll see if it's still the same this weekend. biggrin.gif North Shore has access issues, but having a kayak this helps us because we usually get the water to ourselves- so sometimes I'll choose the quanity and solitude over the chance to rub shoulders for bigger fish

biggrin.gif North Shore has access issues.......

I lanch out of Captree on the south shore, alot of action between Demo Pt and Sore Thumb.

Lanching on the North shore (Kings Park), alot of activity near Bouy 11 out of Port Jeff.

Two weeks ago talked with another boat at the dock. Half way across the sound, said Middle Island has alot of Striper Action.

Striper 2101 200HP Hard Top .......