Best Sand Tire?

Potomacduck

My Pro Comp ATs do amazing in the SAND, plus when they have that buy 3 tires get one free promo it helps me out even more. 33's = Big $ I feel for the guys with 35 and bigger take out a small loan just for new tread.

In the winter when I visit my camp out on nauset beach I run General MTs, the sands a bit harder and it helps get through the snow a little better.

Plus they look way badass biggrin.gif

My Pro Comp ATs do amazing in the SAND, plus when they have that buy 3 tires get one free promo it helps me out even more.........

Another vote for Pro Comp AT's. I have them on our old buggy ('91 Exploder) and our new one ('03 Tahoe). YJ isn't kidding when he says they are amazing in the sand. They ride very nice, are quiet on the road and handle excellant in the rain and snow. And they are a bargain when you find the buy 3 get one free promo.

Yokohama Geolandar AT+ is a great all around tire that is also phenomenal in the sand. Doesn't hurt the wallet either and you can find them locally with a warranty. Last I checked, even though ProComp is a Cooper Tire company, you can't order them through Costco, only mail order or OK4WD in Stewartsville, NJ.

What kind of tread life are you getting out of the ProComp ATs? I've heard nothing but complaints about the MTs wearing out in 20k miles.

With the proper tire rotation, I have gotten almost two years out them so far and many miles I am at 130k right now and i have to say i got the new tires around 85k maybe 90k. These bad boys are going strong to, If i get away from my desk for a few, I go out and do the good old penny trick. and give you teh full update.

Mickey Thompson Baja MTX Radials.

Designed for sand, has shallow tread wrapping up on the sidewalls when aired down gives an incredile footprint. Great bead retention offroad and excellent wet traction on the road.

It's the only tire brand I have bought in over 12 years. I am on my 6th set on my last three trucks; K-5 Blazer, GMC P/U now a F-350 Diesel Crew. 55K+ out of them with allot of time aired down.

In 285/75R16 I get them for $149

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.  If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.

Southside -

I think you should post your question in another thread but yes the 37 is a sweet pump gun. I've owned mine since 'bout 1975. I believe artist Sid Bell produced a series of metal wildlife carvings for inlay on the pistol grip cap for upper grade models.

Tires.. I'll take a highway tread pattern for the beach. I've used General and Goodyear.

Hooky wink.gif

LIBBA 521 - MSA 521 - ASC Go Atlantic!

Mickey Thompson Baja MTX Radials.

Designed for sand, has shallow tread wrapping up on the sidewalls when aired down gives an incredile footprint. Great bead retention offroad and excellent wet traction on the road.

It's the only tire brand I have bought in over 12 years. I am on my 6th set on my last three trucks; K-5 Blazer, GMC P/U now a F-350 Diesel Crew. 55K+ out of them with allot of time aired down.

In 285/75R16 I get them for $149

where do you get those Sarge

"Gradatim Ferociter / Carpe Diem / No Guts, No Glory

"I hate taxes, and Communism, and inflation. Now, get to work, and remember that the person who makes decisions around here is ME." Ronald Reagan