Best method of loading braid to spinning reels at home??

Rate this topic

1dozenraw

I used to use the same method as bjhon. It's easy and effective. It my broken arrows some needed work

Other method...Open can of beer, run new line through guides on rod, tie new line to reel. Take sip of beer. Toss spool on floor. Crank for a while until fingers get warm. Stop take sip of beer. Do this until all line is on reel. You can't mess it up.

Other method....hand wife a nice new pair leather gloves, a pencil stuck through the center of the spool and tell her to hold the pencil and put some tension on the spool. She can keep the leather gloves for use the garden at a later date.

I don't worry about line twisting. Unless your intensional spinning the spool it will be very minimal. I use a snap swivel. So when I fish the twist go away.

"Nick did not like to fish with other men on the river. Unless they were of your party, they spoiled it." Ernest Hemmingway, "Big Two Hearted River (1925)

thread braid thru guides tie on to reel spool or to backing with uni or knot of choice, hang feed spool off convenient set up of ease, hold braid between fingers one hand reel in w/other till you got what you want on there, keep it simple peoplebiggrin.gif

I usually wear an old glove to put the tension on the linebiggrin.gif . I also believe in keeping it simple.smile.gif It works for me.

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><