Concrete Patio price per square foot?

Rate this topic

Sparky

This is very vague, I know.

I got 2 quotes for a new slab patio and they are light years away in cost.

I need to dig deeper and see what exactly is involved in each quote.

But I don't have a clue to how much the actual pour should cost. Anybody have a rough idea of what a concrete patio should cost per square foot? confused.gif

Thanks.

Banned in Florida

There are alot of different factors. specific finish, color, curves etc. all add to cost

Size does matter. if its small its all about getting the labor there to put it down and finish it.

I dont know redi-mix prices in your area so I can only give a range based on labor. If you figure the concrete yourself based on local pricing you should get pretty close.

for < 2000 sf its gonna run between 1.00 and 1.25 / sf

>2000 to 10000 could get .75 to 1.00 / sf

anything over 10000 should be .50 to .75 / sf

Also how busy a guy is will affect his price

hope it helps

Does anybody have any estimates on how much the whole job would cost, such as building the forms, pouring and finishing ? I'm in the market for a 12' x 40' concrete porch, the yard is fairly level so there would not be much grading or fill involved. Anybody do something similiar in size recently ?

Maybe this will help..., couple years ago I did the slab in my pole shed (30'x48') and potting shed (6'x20'); I did all the prep work. I laid the 6mm poly, did the key joints, etc. I had a mason do it as a side cash job... charged $800 to cover his labor and two helpers (floating, screed work, and running the power trowel). I also provided my labor to help on the grunt work (raking out concrete). The truck showed up a 8 am, and they finished the power trowel work and left in their truck at 3 pm, and didn't fool around.

Back then, 3500 psi concrete with fiber mesh was $75 cubic yard. You have 27 cubic feet per yard, so a four inch thick slab had a concrete material cost of $ 0.92 per square foot (4" thick). Concrete prices have gone up considerably, I believe they are around $100 a yard for 3000 psi mix in my area now (adequate for a patio), a little more for 3500 psi- I'm sure a contractor gets a little better price, but not too much.

I ended up doing my job for roughly $2500 for 1560 square feet (4" slab), or $1.63 square foot. $1,500 in concrete, $800 labor, the other $200 covered the poly, key joints, and power trowel blades (had to buy a set from the rental place. The lowest quote I got at the time was $3,800, and several were around $4500. So those quotes were $2.43-$2.88 a square foot. I would expect over $3.00 a square foot now (for a 4" slab).

For me, my effort was worth the $1,300 bucks for a days work...

Howdy All: HappyWave.gif

I know for a fact where I live in South Jersey 2 years ago, Contractor's wanted $4.00 per sq.ft, and $10 a linnear ft. for concrete curbing.

So if you can get it anywhere under $3.00 a sq.ft, I would jump on it, I used to be a Cement Mason many years back until I got sick, good luck, sounds like you got an easy job there Sparky, make sure they do a

monolithic pour, if you are going to have a patio.

Randywink.gif

South Jersey

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.All we have is todayand it is called the PRESENT because it is a SPECIAL GIFT!

Howdy Andrew:

I told you about price's per sq. ft. $$$$$$$ cwm12.gif , Dam I remember when I used to get a $1.00 per sq, and thought that was good.

If I wasn't sick with my lung diease I would make mucho bucko's, No what I mean.

I told Sparky to jump on those cheap prices before.

$$$$$$$$$$$ out there.

Randy

Old Mason Here wink.gif

SJ

WOW

I gotta get into the residential market

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.All we have is todayand it is called the PRESENT because it is a SPECIAL GIFT!

WOW I just got some prices on adding a 5'x 35' section on one side of my pool $1500 and $1700 thats more like $8 a sq ft cwm31.gif . Looks like I'll be getting some more prices.redface.gif

IMHO - you need to take into consideration the SIZE of the job. For a relatively small job the per square footage price is going to be considerably hire than a larger job. I think this is the case in most trades. The contractor has to cover his overheads. In example it costs him just a as much in gas and wear and tear on his truck to do a 10 sqaure foot slab as it does to do a 1000 square foot slab. With smaller jobs I think contractors adjust their "per foot" prices upwards, and rightfully so IMO.

Agreed however that there is a BIG difference between $4 per foot and $8 per foot. I would get other bids, and I would not hesitate to question the quote......not in a condescending, nasty manner, just explain that the quote came in a lot higher than you expected and you would like to understand why.

Good luck with your project.

Alan

I got two prices so far nobody wants to return calls either. The two prices are $1700 and $1500. I'm begining to think nobody wants to do jobs this size anymore.

Take a close look at what's going on in the real estate market right now - A major develop has just dropping prices on a few developments for the first time in their history, LOTs of homes are popping up for sale like mushrooms after a rain, homes that a year ago would have been gone in a few weeks are now sitting on the market with "reduced price" signs on them.............................

I have a sneaking suspicion these guys will be willing to do jobs of your size real soon.

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

For what ever it's worth, when I renovated last year I contacted several Masons. Several. I needed a 16' x 30' 12" block basement for the extension and a 16' x 22' 8" block foundation and slab for the screen porch. Not a small job, but not monster either. 2 masons actually came to look at the job and the prints, and only one finally got around to giving me a number. He got the job. At the same time he had better than 20 pool jobs going plus other work.

Sudsy, did that guy ever call you back for your job?

I don't know how much of a difference a year makes, but if you need the work done, and you've got someone that can do, get it done and move on. At 1500 to 1700, how much can you really expect to save...another 2 or 3 hundred. In the grand scheme, wouldn't you rather have the work done and enjoy the pool? In 5 years you're not going to remember the name of the guy who did the work, just that it got done.

#otterlivesmatter

Sudsy, did that guy ever call you back for your job?

To be honest, I don't remember

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962