Folding Cot for truck bed

LIStriper

I remember seeing in some pickups a cot that attaches to the bed rail, but can fold up and out of the way.

I have tried all of the usual suspects to find one (Bass Pro, Cabellas) but struck out.

I have no interest in building a plywood box contraption for the bed as a substitute.

Any info as to who sells or makes them is appreciated.

Thanks

------------------

LIStriper

LIStriper|00000027
"vir prudens non contra ventum mingit"

LIS -

Look at tentsontrucks.com Looks similar but doesn't seem to hinge up.

Two buddies use a number of milk cases with a carpet covered, hinged sheet of plywood on top as a foundation for a bunk. The milk cases create under the bunk storage.

Hooky wink.gif

LIBBA 521 - MSA 521 - ASC Go Atlantic!

I heart.gif my plywood and milk crate "contraption wink.gif

It weighs about 40lbs without the 4 crates so it's not a big deal to slide it out if I need to do some hauling. Aside from keeping stuff organized and out of sight, my bed is always ready for my tired bones. Which is nice cwm33.gif

gad

"I came into this world naked, screaming at the top of my lungs, and covered in someone else's blood. I got no problem leaving it that way."
Who can hope to be safe? Who sufficiently cautious? Guard himself as he may, every moment's an ambush. Horace

Hey LIstriper,

If you have a Costco warehouse store nearby, check them out. The one here by me in Delaware has a fold up cot that is over 24" wide and 6' long. folds up and stores in a little bag like those camp chairs everyone has now. What's nice is it is only $25. I know it isn't what you are looking for but I could not pass up the deal. If you can't find them PM me.

Bob

• 7 years later...

This Roll-A-Cot is by far the best truck/van cot bed I have ever seen or used. It is very sturdy lightweight aluminum and strong material. It spans over the wheel wells plus you can also use it in a tent or in your house. It leaves plenty of storage room underneath unlike inflatable truck beds.

View PostI remember seeing in some pickups a cot that attaches to the bed rail, but can fold up and out of the way.

I have tried all of the usual suspects to find one (Bass Pro, Cabellas) but struck out.

I have no interest in building a plywood box contraption for the bed as a substitute.

Any info as to who sells or makes them is appreciated.

Thanks

------------------

LIStriper

Cabela's used to sell them. You could mount one on each rail and it folded in the center. No one does anymore that I can find. I have been looking myself. Years ago I mounted a metal military spring bed frame on hinges to my bed rail and raised it up and fastened it to the underside of the aluminum camper shell. It hung at a 45 degree angle.

Replacement cushions for folding lounge lawn recliners. 4-6 inches deep. rolls up out of the way, or just lays flat. they are weather resistant and a sleeping bag in the fall, good to go.

bob eisey,
LIBBA 1002, MSA 295

This sort of thing is the best argument for a P/U rather then an SUV that I know. There comes a point at which you just can't be happy after sleeping in a "captain's chair" in an SUV, even a good SUV, and happiness means sleeping stretched out at full length. A cap on a full size bed affords all kinds of luxuries that matter a lot to older bones.

View PostThis sort of thing is the best argument for a P/U rather then an SUV that I know. There comes a point at which you just can't be happy after sleeping in a "captain's chair" in an SUV, even a good SUV, and happiness means sleeping stretched out at full length. A cap on a full size bed affords all kinds of luxuries that matter a lot to older bones.

I'm 6'-3" and sleep fully stretched out in the back of my SUV...fold the back seats up and there's plenty of room. Tempur-pedic type matress back there along with a cheapie BPS sleeping bag, and I'm set to go...nice, warm and comfy, without having to worry if my cap will leak biggrin.gif

CC