HOLY S$#%T (The 9/11 attacks, as they unfolded)

Rate this topic

Surfrat666

From CNN: Another plane was hijacked and is headed towards Washington right now. A large plane has just crashed in western PA, unsure of whether it was a hijacked plane or a result of the turmoil in the air traffic situation. All incoming international flights are being turned away from US air space.

This isn't over yet, all we can do is pray.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Otter, the evacuation of both buildings was started immediately after the 8:51 crash into the first tower. CNN reports that complete evacuation takes approximately 18 minutes. It was just about that long before the second plane hit the second tower. The building were both evacuated as completely as possible before either tower collapsed - but who knows how many were trapped or injured in the towers prior to the collapses - all we can do is pray.

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

FACTS, NOT SPECULATION

1) The Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine has denied earlier reports that they had claimed credit for todays events.

2) At Palestinian refugee camps in Lebanon, and in the Gaza strip, there is dancing in the street. They are celebrating a "great victory".

3) A 767 has crashed in Western Pensylvania, possibly another hijack?

4) Part of the Pentagon has collapsed.

5) A car bomb exploded outside the State Department, damage unknown.

6) "Lame duck" Guliani has called for the "evacuation of Manhattan" (puh-leeze)

7) All US airports are CLOSED. No incoming or outgoing flights. International flights were being sent to Canada, until Canada closed IT's airports.

8) All bridges and tunnels to/from Manhattan are closed.

Now for my OPINION ...

It is obvious the Palestinians have graduated from stone throwing. They regard slaughter of innocent civilians as heroic. I feel it is cowardly. The number of Americans killed TODAY exceed ALL Palestinians and Israelis that were killed since the second intifada began. I feel a major adjustment is in order. This is the most outrageous sneak attack since Pearl Harbor. Retalliation must be swift, and massive.

Flounder

[This message has been edited by Flounder (edited 09-11-2001).]

><))))))))))@>
*AMMODYTE*

I'm here at work, Columbia Presbyterian- we are standing by for many causalities and I won't be going home any time soon. All of our patients that can be discharged in the entire medical center are going home anticipating many severe injures. We are setting up areas for many bodies. I pray for us all.