In Search of da best Soft Shell Crab Sandwich?

Rate this topic

wetaline

Ok I really dig fried Soft Shell Crab sandwiches and I'm always looking for a bigger, better fresher sandwich. I've eaten them from Howard beach to Montauk. I find that consistisy is a problem with soft shell crabs..The best I've ever had was about 12 years ago in Skippers in Northport village. It was bigger than the slice of bread it was on and super fresh! I like em smothered in tatar sauce with an ICE COLD beer. I try to eat them once a week in the summer. OK, so let me know where you like Softies. Help me in my Quest for LI's best Soft Crab Sandwich! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tanks Fellas...

wetaline wink.gif

-

I haven't been home to NC in over 25 years and haven't had a fried crab sandwich in longer than that!

Used to be a bar just over the Atlantic Beach Bridge on the right hand side that my Dad and I used to go to. The owner used to make the sandwiches on toast for us, tartar sauce on Dad's and ketchup on mine. An ice cold Bud and the A/C on full blast and by God it was awful hard to leave his place, even to go fishing!

biggrin.gif bj

"Life's a beach!"
jimidabeachbumm

Red Beard, rest assurred Ehrhart's is still one of the old establishments on Woodcleft that hasn't changed in the past 10 years, and they still have the pool table.

Sportmen's Cafe is long gone and alot has changed on Woodcleft, even the ole Poop Deck is gone frown.gif

All the places are packed on the weekends, prices have soared, and unfortunately half the fleet is gone.

At least Capt. Bens is still there icon14.gif

As for the soft shell crab sandwiches, they're not tops on my list but have had a few, most recently at Peter's Clam Bar in Oceanside and the former Johnny Marlin's in Montauk.

Rather have a few dozen raw clams to go with the cold beer(s) biggrin.gif

Kevin, ASC