Darter and Bottle Plug Colors?

Rate this topic

Breezy Kid

I always start with Yellow. For some reason, It works.. then I go to White, then Green, then dark colors... I find that the DArk green/Blue and BLack all work equally well except on special nights, ie New moon, black has a tendancy to work better.

SOmeone here had a good point by saying start with one extreme (ie light color=yellow) if that doesnt work, go to the other extreme (black), then work youre way thru the middle colors.. I havent tried htat but it seems interesting...

YELLOW DEFINATELY!!! both plugs...

bc

"The kids they dance and shake thier bones and the politicians throwing stones. singing ashes, ashes all fall down"

YeW kIn gIt a DaRta in eNnY kOlOr yEw lAhk, s'Long aSs eeTs YeLlEr! GiBbS=YeLlEr, SoUpA StraHk=YeLlEr, Yoh ZooRi Mag DarTa sEaMs 2 Wark OK in BlAck.

BoTl Plahg? EyE HeEr dEy jEst WaYhT 2 KaSte a TeEzEr?

><))))))))))@>
*AMMODYTE*

Boy, you guys aren't living in the big world wink.gif

You are no longer limited to white, yellow, blue, and black. The fellers at Gibbs have been making SOL custom colored bottles and darters for many months now! smile.gif

And I just got another new color in yesterday - black back w/ silver belly.

Now you can get bottles and darters in the following delicious flavors -

Parrot

White

Yellow

Black

Black Scale

Drk Green/Silver belly

Black/Silver belly

Blue

Bottle plugs in 1oz and 2oz in all those colors.

Darters in 1 5/8oz and 2 1/2oz in all those colors.

Why? Cause I wanted to fish those colors and the Gibbs guys were kind enough to make them smile.gif

BTW, parrot darters have been gettin' lots of bites in RI smile.gif

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Hey Tim, any red head whites? Not talking about the white with the sparkles and red eyes but red head on white. If you have any, I'll take 5 1oz and 2 2oz. Haven't found them retail in 2 years. It's time to place an order for a bunch of stuff but with all the goodies I can't decide. I guess a red spray can would do in a pinch.Need some more parrot stuff too as there hard to find. Decisions, decisions! I keep looking in the store to complete my list but it never ends. I need more stuff! Prospector

MY OPINION ONLY,

But I feel that a TON of these new colors, of coarse will catch fish, but will better and more often catch fisherman, bc they "heard" it was better, or so and so did a xx lb fish on this or that.

Find someone REALLY salty, someone who was around in the60's, 70's and early 80's and ask them if they HAD to have a huge spectrum of colors 9you'll find out that there where 4-5 colors that were favored), then think to your self, did the predominent bait, as in bunker, sand ells, "peanuts", sardines, mullet, etc.. start changing colors?

There is a couple of reasons why you might want to try a BRIGHT color like a parrot, as this will be better seen in stained water, so again IMO, there is little need to carry anything more than yellow, white, black.

I will tell you 2 instances where I will add green or blue, snappers and mullet. Other than that, keep I it simple.

This is my mainstay variety for the fall run on Long Island, and what has worked for me so take from it what you can.

BTW "bottles are good for towing sand eels" came from a famous book qritten by a dog shooter, and these do a hell of alot more than that in the right place and condition. Although I personally never did anything over a mid 20 on one, these "bite in" when all else fails, and super strike bite even better due to the sharper lip. I think Mark Malenovskys 64 in Montauk was caught on a YELLOW BOTTLE.

Mike Lang